Feb. 12, 2011 (Click here for PDF)
This is a last second update to the Specifications Committee Meeting for Monday, Feb. 14th. There’s a few things that I thought were necessary or at least a good idea to throw out on the agenda for discussion.
The additions and changes are as follows:
New Computer Specifications
Tentatevely no “effective date” has been proposed. The Division is proposing to make the following changes dealing with the Contractor’s submitted schedule requirements. The highlighted area shows the new proposed changes.
- The Contractor shall provide one (1) desktop computer with the following components:
2.8 GHz Processor (or faster)
2 GB RAM memory (or larger)
60GB Hard Drive (or larger)
24 X (or faster CD-RW Drive
4 MB Video Card (or greater)
101 enhanced keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse
17" or greater LCD Monitor
10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet interface
- The Contractor shall supply one (1) laser printer with the following minimum components:
10 pages per minute
2 MB memory
USB Post Script emulation (level 2)
Stand tray with minimum capacity of 200 sheets
- The Contractor shall supply the following Accessories:
Dust cover for all equipment
Transportable Media (CD-RW or 2 GB Thumbdrive)
One (1) Box (10 Disk) CD-RW
- The Contractor shall supply the following software:
One (1) Windows 7 Professional (or Windows XP Professional package with Service Pack 3)
One (1) Microsoft Office Pro 2003 Package
One (1) Adobe Acrobat Standard Edition (latest version)
One (1) Virus software with subscription update service, either Norton Anti-Virus or McAfee Virus Scan
For projects that require the use of a Detailed Construction Schedule as per Section 108.3 of the Standard Specifications, the computer requirements shall contain the following modifications and/or additions:
- The Schedule shall be prepared and maintained using scheduling software Primavera Project Manager Version P6.0 or higher.
- The following criteria shall apply to the development and maintenance of the schedule:
- All resource names shall begin with the project's specific seven (7) digit contract number, followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- The use of Project Codes is prohibited
- Global Activity Codes are prohibited. However, Project Activity Codes may be used. The Project Activity Code names shall begin witht eht project's specific seven (7) digit contract number followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- Global Calendars are prohibited (except as noted below in section 6). However, Project Calendars may be used. the Project Calendar names shall begin with the project's specific seven (7) digit contract number, followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- The use of Cost Accounts is not required. However if the Contractor elects to use them, then the Cost Account names shall begin with the project's specific seven (7) digit contract number, followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- The Contractor Resource Calendar shall be linked to the WVDOT Standard Calendar. This shall be accomplished by creating a Global Calendar named "WVDOT Standard 5 Day Workweek w/holidays".
- In relation to Section 640.11 (Computer System for Field Office), the Contractor shall:
- Provide Primavera Contractor v6.1 or Primavera Project Manager P6.2 or higher.
The Contractor shall provide, maintain, and pay for internet access via service such as Cable, DSL, Satellite or other systems that provide a minimum upload and download speeds of:
Download: 1.6 Mbps
Upload: 250 Kbps
The Contractor shall provide one (1) digital flatbed scanner meeting or exceeding the following requirements:
Scan Resolution: Up to 2400 dpi
Bit Depth: 48-bit
Automatic Document Feeder Capacity: 50 Sheets
Audomatic Document Feeder Speed: 8ppm / 4ipm
Scan Size, Maximum: 8.5 X 11 in (flatbed)
Scan Size, Maximum (ADF): 8.5 X 14 in (one sided) 8.5 X 12 (two sided)
Scan Size Minimum (ADF): 3.5 X 5 in (one sided) 5 X 9in (two sided)
Scan File Formats: JPEG, TIFF, PDF
Must be compatible with all the computer equipment listed above as applicable.
- Special Provision for 406 – High Friction Anti-Skid Material – the provision that was approved back in June 2010, did not update the application rate to “Gallons/SY” the epoxy binder. After discussion it was decided that it is likely that different epoxy binder products may have require different application rates and that these rates shall be determined by the manufacture. This was changed in two locations in the provision. No new approval is required, this is just a “friendly reminder” This provision has not been attached to the agenda.
- Special Provision for 663 – Type IX Paint – the previous version sent out on Feb. 4th had some incorrect item numbers associated with the Pay Item table. This updated version cleans that up. This provision is not attached to the agenda as only two items were deleted – Barrier Lines and Stripes.
- Updated the online version of the 2010 Specifications Roads and Bridges – the Division is beginning to add links to the various sections.