Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Planning Division, that consulting services will be utilized to provide planning services for various programs and miscellaneous projects. The work generally consists of preparation of planning studies, analyses, reports, environmental services, modeling for air quality and traffic, GIS, asset management, program management and related work. This work shall be performed under a Statewide (On-Call) Agreement.
Method of payment will be lump sum per assignment or specific rate of pay.
Multiple firms may be selected for this work.
Firms interested in being considered for any or all of these projects must submit a “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Richard L. Warner, P.E., Acting Director, Planning Division, Division of Highways, Building Five, Room A-863, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0430 prior to 4:00 p.m. on May 2, 2014.
As a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation factors:
1. Professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of the required services.
2. Specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required.
3. Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time; personnel qualifications, and present workload.
4. Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
5. Location in the general geographical area of the project and knowledge of the locality of the project.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
1. A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire, if not already on file with the Planning Division for the calendar year 2014, dated January 1, 2014 or later.
2. Location of office in which the work will be performed.
3. Type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed by a sub consultant.
4. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
5. The completed copies of the Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation Factor form limited to a single page of data. One loose leaf copy of the form is to accompany the bound unpriced prospectus. The Consultant is to indicate whether or not they hold a valid “Certificate of Authorization” from the West Virginia Board of Professional Engineers to offer engineering services within the state. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
A single “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus is required. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the selection process, unless a project specific weighting of the evaluation factors is shown in the Notice for Consulting Services.
Prior to entering into contract negotiations, the selected firm and any sub consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any sub consultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Planning Division, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.