The Division of Public Transit sponsors several, wide-ranging training opportunities for transit provider personnel throughout the year. Please check back to this site for training updates.
- PASS - Passenger Service and Safety Certification: two-day transit and Section 5310 driver training provides basic information on various mobility aids, vehicle accessibility equipment including wheelchair lifts and mobility aid securement. It also helps drivers become familiar and proficient with customer assistance, sensitivity, and evacuation techniques. Classes are scheduled throughout the year at various sites. Please check the PASS page on this site or contact the Division for information.
- Customer Driven Service - Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at Mid-Ohio Valley Transit Authority, Parkersburg, WV, from 9:00am - 3:00pm. The class focuses on teaching transit staff who interact with customers the importance of customer service, as well as providing them with the tools and training they need to provide excellent customer service regardless of the situation or the customer.
- Driver's Role in System Safety/Emergency Evacuation - Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at Central WV Transit Authority. More info to come!
- Advanced Mobility Device Securement - Thursday, April 16, 2015 at Central WV Transit Authority, from 9:00am - 3:30pm. Participants who complete the course will be able to demonstrate techniques to safely and effectively secure manual and powered mobility devices on a vehicle, practice proper placement and securement of seat belts on individuals using manual and powered mobility devices, and utilize proper body mechanics to minimize injuries while secureing mobility devices and their passengers.
- SPIDER Quick Reference - Procedures & Protocals/How to Use the Guide - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 in Charleston, Wednesday, June 17, 2015 in Clarkesburg. More info to come!