West Virginia Division of Highways Scholarships
The Commissioner of Highways may award up to $12,000.00 in scholarship money to eligible students to aid in attracting competent personnel to employment with the WV Division of Highways.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a Civil Engineering, General Engineering, or Computer Sciences baccalaureate degree at a state accredited college or university;
- Be a West Virginia resident;
- Have a minimum over all (cumulative) college grade point average of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale;
- Be working or have worked as a student co-op in good standing with the WV Division of Highways;
- Agree to work for the WV Division of Highways immediately following the date of the receipt of an eligible degree;
- Complete and file an application by the established due date as well as comply with all other requirements adopted by the Commissioner of Highways.
If awarded a scholarship, each recipient will be required to execute a negotiable promissory note. If, upon graduation or completion of the approved course of study, the recipient enters the employ of the WV Division of Highways, the Commissioner will credit the oldest outstanding note in the amount of $1,500.00 for every six months period of employment. If a recipient does not enter the employ of the WV Division of Highways or leaves the employ of the WV Division of Highways prior to earning full credit for all notes, the recipient will be required to repay any unpaid amount.
Applicants may print an application packet below or request an application packet by visiting or contacting the: West Virginia Division of Highways, Human Resources Division, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Building Five, Room A-949, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 or telephone (304) 558-3111.
Deadline is June 30th of each year
Applications will be accepted between May 1st and June 30th of each year. Applicants will be notified of the granting or non-granting of a scholarship by August 15th.