GUIDELINES FOR 2015 WV SASHTO SCHOLARSHIP
Funds for Fall 2015 School Year
These Guidelines and the Application are also available in PDF format.
- Qualifying children are dependent children of active full-time WVDOT employees, who have a minimum of two (2) years credited WVDOT service as of January this calendar year. Qualifying children must be ages seventeen (17) through twenty-three (23) and not have reached age twenty-four (24) before the first day of classes for the Fall Term.
- Each qualifying child in a family may apply.
- Qualifying dependent children wishing to attend an accredited educational institution, college, university, vocational school or other technical school must provide one or more of the following, as applicable:
- Letter of acceptance as a full-time student; as determined by the educational institution.
- Proof of full-time enrollment in the current school year - Fall, Spring or Summer Semesters.
- Letter of intent stating applicant will be attending as a full-time student during the upcoming Fall school year.
NOTE: Typically a student is considered “full-time” when they are registered for 12 credit hours, or more per semester.
- The scholarship of $500.00 will be valid for either in-state or out-of-state educational institutions.
- In order to qualify for a SASHTO scholarship, the eligible child must be accepted to and/or registered for the upcoming Fall school term.
- All applications must be received by 4:30pm on the last business day in June of this year.
- Winners will be chosen by a random drawing by the 3rd Friday in July and announced at the time of the drawing. The winners will be notified by email and the names of the winners will be published in the WVDOT Employee’s Intranet webpage.
- The applicant and/or the employee do not need to be present to win.
- The scholarship check will be mailed directly to the institution, made payable to the institution for the student; to be applied to the student’s account for fees, tuition, books, etc.
- If the recipient changes the institution they will attend after the check has been printed and sent to the original institution, it is the recipient’s responsibility to coordinate the transfer of the scholarship funds to the institution they will attend.
- If the recipient decides not to attend any accredited educational institution, the educational institution will be instructed to apply the funds to their general scholarship funds.
HOW TO APPLY FOR WVDOT - SASHTO SCHOLARSHIP
- Complete the application.
- To the application, attach one or more of the following, as applicable:
- Letter of acceptance as a full-time student as determined by the institution.
- Proof of full-time enrollment in the current school year or Summer Semester.
- Letter of intent stating applicant will be attending as a full-time student during the upcoming school year.
- Applications can be mailed, scanned & emailed, or hand delivered for receipt to the Business Manager’s office by 4:30pm on the last business day in June of this year.
- Applications can be sent to the WVDOT Business Manager’s Office:
Denise Gould – Business Manager’s OfficeOr emailed to: Denise.L.Gould@wv.gov
Building 5, Room A-110
1900 Kanawha Blvd., East
Charleston, WV 25305