Motorcycle Experienced Rider Course
If you are comfortable on your own motorcycle and ready to try something new, the five-hour ERC Skills Plus will build upon your existing skills and knowledge. Relatively new motorcyclists, returning riders, and experienced motorcyclists can all benefit from this course.
ERC Skills Plus Tuition: $100
The ERC covers mental strategy, traction, risk management, braking, cornering and swerving techniques. The WVMSP recommends that you have at least one year or 1,000 miles of riding experience before enrolling in this course.
• Participants provide their own motorcycle.
• The motorcycle must be street legal and insured.
• Participants must be proficient in the basic skills of clutch control, straight-line
riding, turning, shifting, and stopping.
• This program is accredited by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and licensed by
the State of West Virginia.
• POST credit is available for law enforcement personnel.
• This course doesn't meet state licensing requirements for participants under age 18.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age. Participants who are under 18 years of age must have their parents sign a waiver form prior to on-cycle instruction.
Participants must possess a valid driver's license with motorcycle endorsement or a motorcycle instruction permit.
Participants ride their own motorcycle during the course. Your motorcycle must be street legal, licensed, insured and passes safety inspection. You must show proof of insurance to the instructor.
Participants furnish their own protective clothing (eye protection, long sleeves, long pants, full-fingered gloves and over-the-ankle footwear) and DOT-approved helmet. Rain gear is highly advisable.
Courses are conducted in all weather conditions, but may be postponed by the instructor in severe weather.