Notice of Consulting Services
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that engineering consulting services will be utilized for the following projects:
State Project U352-2-11.65 (00), Proctor to Kent located 0.47 of a mile south of Marshall County Line to 0.18 of a mile south of Marshall County Route 78 in Wetzel and Marshall Counties, West Virginia. This project consists of the study, design and preparation of contract plans and related documents, including all necessary environmental documents, to relocate approximately 5 miles of WV 2 upgrading to 4 lanes.
State Project S329-11-7.97 (00), Burlington Mill Creek Bridge located on County Route 11 at the Junction of CR 11 with US 50 and US 220 in Mineral County, West Virginia. This project shall consist of the study, design, and preparation of contract plans and related documents for relocating approximately 0.6 of a mile of County Route 11 and design of a new 50-foot bridge across Mill Creek reconnecting this route to US 50/US 220 within the Burlington Historic District.
State Project X302-17/11-0.00 (00), Madison Railroad Overpass Bridge located south of WV 17 over Spruce Fork and CSX Railroad in Boone County, West Virginia. This project shall consist of replacing the existing bridge on new alignment spanning over Spruce Fork and CSX railroad reconnecting County Route 17/11 into a developed subdivision.
State Project S328-BLU/E-1. (00), Martin Luther King, Jr. Bridge located 0.02 of a mile west of US 19 in Mercer County, West Virginia. This project shall consist of the study, design, and preparation of contract plans and related documents for the replacement of the existing bridge over CSX railroad within the town of Bluefield.
State Project U320-25/47-0.00 (00), Dunbar Toll Bridge located at the junction of US 60 and CR 25/47 in Kanawha County, West Virginia. The project will consist of the design and preparation of contract plans and related documents for modification to the existing sidewalk on the bridge.
State Project S337-2/10-0.17 (00), Old Hi Carpenter Bridge located 0.17 of a mile west of WV 2 over the Back Channel of the Ohio River in Pleasants County. The project will consist of the design and preparation of contract plans and related documents for renovation of the existing bridge.
Method of payment shall be Lump Sum.
A single or multiple assignment(s) may be made for this work.
Firms interested in being considered for this project must submit a “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Greg Bailey, Director, Engineering Division, Division of Highways, Building Five, Room A-437, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0430 prior to 4:00 p.m. on May 6, 2011.
As a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation information factors:
1. Professional qualifications necessary for consideration and satisfactory performance of the required work and as a minimum, shall have a professional engineer licensed by the State of West Virginia. That person shall be located within the office where the work is to be performed, and shall demonstrate sufficient past experience performed for the State of West Virginia, Department of Highways related to design and plan development to be provided. This individual shall be the person-in-charge overseeing the work and must be readily accessible to the Department, preferably located in-state.
2. Consideration shall be given to specialized experience and technical competence. Specialized experience shall focus on the qualifications of the staff working on the project with emphasis placed on individual specialized expertise required for the project. As a minimum, the firm shall provide a Résumé of those individuals who will be committed to the needs of the project. Strong considerations will be based on the professional and non-professional staff specialized experience and technical competence stationed within the office where the work is to be performed.
3. Capacity consideration shall be made on the firm’s ability to accomplish the work within the Department’s required schedule time frame; personnel dedicated to perform such work.
4. Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
5. Location shall be based on the geographic location of the Consultant’s office relative to the project site along with past experience and knowledge of the area where the project site is located with the significant importance being given to accessibility of the office location relative to the Department.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
1. A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire, if not already on file. It must specifically indicate the staff levels by classification located in-state vs. out-of-state. It must also indentify the person in-charge overseeing the work that holds a valid professional license issued by the West Virginia Board of Professional Engineers. This CCQQ must be on file with the Engineering Division.
2. Location of office or office(s) in which the work, or part of the work, will be performed.
3. Identification of subconsultants by name as to the type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed, if proposed as part of the design team.
4. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
5. Completed copies of the Division’s “Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation” form limited to a single page of data. One loose leaf copy of each of the forms is to accompany the bound unpriced prospectus. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
6. A copy of a valid “Certificate of Authorization” to offer Engineering, Surveying, or other related services within the state, issued by the appropriate West Virginia Board.
A single “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus is required and must contain all of the above information required to be considered. Failure to provide the required information and/or insufficient information will cause disqualification and the prospectus will be returned. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the selection process, unless a project specific weighting of the evaluation factors is shown in the Notice for Consulting Services.
Prior to entering into any contract negotiations, the selected firm and any subconsultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. The submitted certified audit overhead (Indirect Cost Rate) report shall include the certification, certifying that the allowability of costs used to establish the final indirect cost rate are in accordance with the FAR cost principles, or a verification indicating this certification was previously submitted and accepted by the cognizant agency. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any subconsultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.