Notice is hereby given that consulting services will be utilized for various tasks involved with the current travel demand model and additionally with Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) update activities. These activities will be performed for the B-C-K-P Regional Intergovernmental Council (RIC), which is the Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Charleston, West Virginia area. The work will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Perform travel demand model validation, and if necessary, model calibration using TransCAD modeling software.
- Make any changes to the current travel demand model as needed.
- Perform all necessary travel demand model runs for the LRTP update and additionally as needed using TransCAD software.
- Employ electronic visualization techniques for public outreach.
- Perform air quality conformity determinations for the LRTP update and additionally as needed.
- Provide assistance on the LRTP update as needed.
- Prepare mapping, including model output, as needed in both paper form for displaysand electronic form. Any GIS products are to be in ArcGIS format.
- Assist in preparing a draft and final Plan as needed.
Firms interested in being considered for this project must submit four (4) copies of:
- A letter of interest.
- A statement of the firm’s qualifications, experience, and overall capabilities to handle the work, including staff to be assigned to the project and availability for the project.
- A statement regarding the firm’s past performance in timely completion of projects, compliance with scope of work, and adherence to budgets.
- Location of the office(s) in which the work will be performed.
- Amount and type of the proposed work to be subcontracted, if any.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of references for the firm’s most recent comparable projects.
- A description of similar recently completed projects.
- Any brochures or additional information that has a direct relationship to the subject project.
- All of the above listed information in pdf format on CD
Consultant responses shall be submitted to Scott Ferry, Transportation Planning Manager,
Regional Intergovernmental Council, 315 D Street, South Charleston, WV, 25303, by mail or in person by 4:00 p. m. Friday, September 30, 2011. Submittals shall be clearly marked on the outside cover or envelope: “Response to Request for Qualifications, Model/LRTP Update”.
Interested firms having questions or requiring additional information may call Scott Ferry at the RIC office, (304) 744-4258.
It is the policy of the Regional Intergovernmental Council that Disadvantaged Business
Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts
financed in whole or part with federal-aid funds.