NOTICE OF RIGHT OF WAY APPRAISAL AND APPRAISAL REVIEW SERVICES
INVITATION TO QUALIFY FOR INCLUSION ON THE
WVDOT PRE-QUALIFIED APPROVED APPRAISER LIST
OR THE REVIEW APPRAISER LIST
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Right of Way Appraisal and Appraisal Review services related to transportation projects will be used for statewide projects. Future projects will be advertised and awarded on a low-bid basis.
All individuals interested in providing appraisal or appraisal review service contracts for statewide projects must be pre-qualified and approved by the WVDOT, DOH Right of Way Division in order to submit bids on upcoming projects.
Individuals interested in being considered for this work must submit to Mr. David L. Jack, Director, Right of Way Division, West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, Building 5, Room A-618, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0430, the following:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Statement of Qualifications
3. Two (2) redacted appraisal work-product samples
4. Proof of current WV Appraisal Licensure/Certification in good standing
Individuals desiring to be included on the pre-qualified list for real estate APPRAISAL SERVICES or APPRAISAL REVIEW SERVICES must meet criteria established by the Right of Way Division and the Federal Highway Administration, and must be competent, as defined by the competency rule, Standards and Provisions of the “Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice” (USPAP), and the “Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970” (Uniform Act) P.L. 91-646, 49 CFR Part 24
Requirements to be considered for Appraisal OR Appraisal Review Services include, but are not limited to:
· A license or certification in good standing with the West Virginia Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board allowing for the appraisal of real estate being acquired under the threat of Eminent Domain; and for appraisers, a minimum of three (3) years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in real estate appraisal; and for review appraisers, a minimum of five (5) years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in real estate appraisal review.
· Competent, as defined by the Competency Rule and Standards and Provisions of the “Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice” (USPAP), and the “Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970” (Uniform Act) P.L. 91-646, 49 CFR Part 24
· Ability to qualify as an expert witness in condemnation proceedings and shall provide such testimony at all types of condemnation proceedings upon request and/or subpoena
· Prior successful completion of training in the appraisal of partial acquisitions and condemnation appraisal principles and applications is recommended for appraisers and required for review appraisers
For a copy of the manual “Information for Appraisers” and/or the criteria established by the Department, submit a request in writing to the address above.
Prior employment by a State Department of Transportation is not required in order to apply for inclusion on the West Virginia Department of Transportation’s Pre-Qualified Appraiser List or Pre-Qualified Review Appraiser List, or to submit proposals to perform appraisal or appraisal review services as may be requested by the WVDOT.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.