Walkersville Covered Bridge

Built by John Sprigg for $567 in 1903, this 12-foot-wide, 39.25-foot-long queenpost truss bridge carries vehicles on Lewis County 19/17 over Right Fork of West Fork River.

            Limited renovation was done in 1984, but in August 2002 a major restoration contract was advertised to replace the wooden siding and some deteriorated structural members on the Walkersville Covered Bridge. A $230,859 contract was awarded to Allegheny Restoration and Builders, Inc. of Morgantown and restoration was completed two years later.

  

WV DOT Privacy Notices | Contact Us | Site Map | Disclaimer
E.E.O./AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER

Privacy, Security and Accessibility | WV.gov | USA.gov | © 2014 State of West Virginia