NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
ARCH A. MOORE, JR. BRIDGE
Notice is hereby given that consulting services will be utilized by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways for Coatings Inspection Services to provide project inspection, quality assurance, documentation services, and related duties as required for the cleaning and painting of the Arch A. Moore, Jr. Bridge on WV 2 in Marshall County. The anticipated duration of the agreement is approximately 13 months, beginning in September 2011 and ending in October 2012.
The general guidelines for performance of the project inspection are as follows:
1) The consulting engineering service required may consist of field paint inspections; corrosion surveys; containment level analyses; air, soil, and water monitoring; quality assurance; materials testing services; documentation and review services; and related duties as required.
2) Qualified candidates for these positions will be certified by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE).
3) The individual shall be knowledgeable of WVDOT-DOH standards, specifications and materials testing procedures relative to sampling and testing protective coatings.
4) The individual shall be knowledgeable of good construction practices and procedures; able to interpret contracts, special provisions, plans and specifications; able to exercise good judgment; be accurate and neat in recording data and preparing records and able to maintain a harmonious relationship with the Department, other governmental agencies, contractors, and the public.
5) The consultant will supply all necessary transportation for its employee.
6) The Department will supply field offices, storage buildings and office equipment per the construction contract specification items or reasonable access to same as it deems necessary. Expendable and incidental office supplies are to be provided by the Department.
7) The method of payment for this service will be specific rate of pay.
Firms interested in being considered for this work must submit a letter of interest and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Stephen T. Rumbaugh, Director, Contract Administration Division, West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, Building Five, Room A-722, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 prior to 4:00 P.M. on August 5, 2011. Responses received after this time will not be considered.
As a minimum, the letter of interest will include the following (submitted in duplicate):
1) A completed copy of the Division's Consultant Engineer Confidential Qualification Questionnaire (unless already on file with the Division). The questionnaire should be current as of January 1, 2011 or later.
2) A completed copy of the "Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation" form found in Appendix E of the WVDOT-DOH Manual for Consultant Services or from the WVDOT web homepage by selecting Consultants from the main page.
3) Overall capabilities to handle this work, including qualified individual(s) available to assign to the project, personnel qualifications, and present workload.
4) Location of base office for the assigned individual.
5) Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost-type contracts.
Submittals shall be prepared simply and economically, providing a straight forward, concise description of the firm's capabilities to satisfy the requirements of the RFP. Emphasis should be on completeness and clarity of content. Elaborate brochures and other representations beyond that sufficient to present a complete and effective proposal are neither required nor desired
Prior to entering into contract negotiations, the selected firm shall submit a current (performed within the last two years) audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.
Any technical questions concerning the requirements for this project should be directed to Mr. James M. Colby, Contract Administration Division, at (304) 558-9667 or E-mail at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .