Effective July 9, 2013
640.4.1– Internet and Wireless Router criteria for Field Office:
The Contractor shall provide, maintain, and pay for internet access via service such as Cable, DSL, Satellite or other systems that provide a minimum upload and download speeds of:
- Download: 1.6 Mbps
- Upload: 250 Kbps
Wireless Router Specifications:
The Contractor Shall provide one (1) Premium Wireless Router with the following criteria:
- Simultaneous Dual Band
- 4 LAN Ports minimum
- Minimum Throughput Rate 600Mbps
- Wirelessly connect a minimum of 10 devices at one time.
Section 640.11 – Computer Specifications For Field Office
Found below are the most current Computer Specifications required by Section 640.11 of the Standard Specifications.
To review past requirements please select the appropriate effective date from the pulldown menu on the left for the available archived information.
The Contractor shall provide one (1) desktop computer with the following components:
2.8 GHz Processor (or faster)
2 GB RAM memory (or larger)
60GB Hard Drive (or larger)
24 X (or faster CD-RW Drive
4 MB Video Card (or greater)
101 enhanced keyboard and Microsoft Intellimouse
17" or greater LCD Monitor
10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet interface
- The Contractor shall supply one (1) laser printer with the following minimum components:
10 pages per minute
2 MB memory
USB Post Script emulation (level 2)
Stand tray with minimum capacity of 200 sheets
- The Contractor shall supply the following Accessories:
Dust cover for all equipment
Transportable Media (CD-RW or 2 GB Thumbdrive)
One (1) Box (10 Disk) CD-RW
- The Contractor shall supply the following software:
One (1) Windows 7 Professional (or Windows XP Professional package with Service Pack 3)
One (1) Microsoft Office Pro 2003 Package
One (1) Adobe Acrobat Standard Edition (latest version)
One (1) Virus software with subscription update service, either Norton Anti-Virus or McAfee Virus Scan
The Contractor shall provide one (1) digital flatbed scanner meeting or exceeding the following requirements:
- Scan Resolution: Up to 2400 dpi
- Bit Depth: 48-bit
- Automatic Document Feeder Capacity: 50 Sheets
- Automatic Document Feeder Speed: 8ppm / 4ipm
- Scan Size, Maximum: 8.5 X 11 in (flatbed)
- Scan Size, Maximum (ADF): 8.5 X 14 in (one sided) 8.5 X 12 (two sided)
- Scan Size Minimum (ADF): 3.5 X 5 in (one sided) 5 X 9in (two sided)
- Scan File Formats: JPEG, TIFF, PDF
- Must be compatible with all the computer equipment listed above as applicable.
For projects that require the use of a Detailed Construction Schedule as per Section 108.3 of the Standard Specifications, the computer requirements shall contain the following modifications and/or additions:
- The Schedule shall be prepared and maintained using scheduling software Primavera Project Manager P6 version 6.0 or higher.
- The following criteria shall apply to the development and maintenance of the schedule:
- All Resources Shall be grouped in a Project Resource Tree. This tree structure shall have one main heading name that begins with the project's specific 7 digit contract number followed by an underscore, followed by the project name.
- The individual resource names shall be shown as a sublevel to the main heading name. The individual resource names shall begin with the project's specific 7 digit contract number followied by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- The use of Project Codes is prohibited
- Global Activity Codes are prohibited. However, Project Activity Codes may be used. The Project Activity Code names shall begin witht eht project's specific seven (7) digit contract number followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- Global Calendars are prohibited (except as noted below in section 6). However, Project Calendars may be used. the Project Calendar names shall begin with the project's specific seven (7) digit contract number, followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore. In addition, the Project Default Calendar shall be assigned as a Project Calendar.
- The use of Cost Accounts is not required. However if the Contractor elects to use them, then all Cost Account names shall be grouped in a Project Cost Accounts Tree. This tree structure shall have one main heading name that begins with the project's specific 7 digit contract number followed by an underscore, followed by the project name.
- The individual cost account names shall be shown as a sublevel to the main heading name. The individual cost account names shall begin with the project's specific seven (7) digit contract number, followed by an underscore. Any additional description may follow the underscore.
- The Contractor Resource Calendar shall be linked to the WVDOT Standard Calendar. This shall be accomplished by creating a Global Calendar named and formatted exactly as follows:
- WVDOT Standard 5 Day Workweek w/holidays - This WVDOT Standard Calendar shall be assigned to Each resource and shall be allowable as the only calendar for all Schedule resources.
- In relation to Section 640.11 (Computer System for Field Office), the Contractor shall:
- Provide Primavera Contractor v6.1 or Primavera Project Manager P6 version 6.0 or higher.