Statewide Transportation Improvement Program
Once the STIP is federally approved, certain changes must be made through an amendment and must undergo a public comment period. These types of changes include, but are not limited to:
- Cost increases or decreases greater than $2 million.
- Addition or deletion of projects.
- Significant changes in the scope of a project.
- Changes in MPO areas which are part of a TIP.
Other types of changes may be made by an administrative adjustment. Adjustments do not require federal approval. These types of changes include, but are not limited to:
- Cost increases or decreases less than $2 million.
- Changes in funding source.
- Moving projects within the first four years of the STIP.
List of approved STIP amendments/adjustments. Updates will be added as necessary.
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a staged multi-year; multimodal program of all potential FHWA/FTA funded projects within a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) area. TIPs must go through a public involvement period and be approved by the MPO and Governor. Amendments to the TIP will require a corresponding amendment to the STIP*. The following links provide access to all eight MPO TIP websites:
*A TIP amendment shown on one of these websites will not be amended to the STIP immediately. It must go through the STIP public involvement process.
Last Updated: 3/03/2017