County-Wide Transportation Planning Studies
Fairmont-Marion County Transportation Study
This is a Plan for improvements to the transportation system in the City of Fairmont and Marion County, West Virginia, covering a period beginning in the present and extending through the year 2020.
Harrison County Transportation Study
The study will take about 24 months to complete with the outcome being a long range transportation plan for Harrison County. A range of issues and ideas related to the existing transportation network, demographics, socioeconomic characteristics, land use and future travel demand will be considered during the study.
Mercer County Multi-Modal Transportation Plan
The Mercer County Multi-Modal Transportation Plan was completed in July, 2004. The purpose of the study was to:
1. Establish a transportation network to meet the needs of the area through the year 2025;
2. Consider all aspects of a multi-modal transportation system;
3. Involve all individuals and agencies, public and private, that have an interest in, or who may
be impacted by , the Plan;
4. Evaluate all elements of the Plan in order to establish practical feasibility for implementation;
5. Fully mitigate any negative consequences and maximize benefits to the Mercer County area; and
6. Prepare a Plan that had widespread support and was financially attainable.
Last Updated: 12/03/2012