Public Port Authority
West Virginia Public Port Authority Strategic Plan
- Download the Strategic Plan (7.39 MB)
- The main objective of this project is for the West Virginia Public Port Authority (WVPPA) to proactively plan for future growth of the state’s multi-modal system by integrating freight transportation strategies into policy, planning, and investment processes, while at the same time, taking advantage of the freight infrastructure that is currently in place. The WVPPA commissioned Parsons Brinckerhoff to develop a Strategic Master Plan to guide the future focus of freight transportation infrastructure activity in the State of West Virginia.
The mission of the West Virginia Public Port Authority is to develop the potential of intermodalism by combining highway, rail, and water transportation infrastructure to maximize overall economic advantages to business, industry, and the citizens of West Virginia.
- Assists interested private or public parties in the development and operation of public port and intermodal facilities throughout West Virginia for economic and recreational enhancement.
- Facilitates the development and empowerment of local port authority districts.
- Provides for the operation of the Point Pleasant Rail Terminal & Warehouse Facility.
WVPPA Upcoming Committee & Board Meetings