The Division of Public Transit sponsors several, wide-ranging training opportunities for transit provider personnel throughout the year. Please check back to this site for training updates.
- PASS - Passenger Service and Safety Certification: two-day transit and Section 5310 driver training provides basic information on various mobility aids, vehicle accessibility equipment including wheelchair lifts and mobility aid securement. It also helps drivers become familiar and proficient with customer assistance, sensitivity, and evacuation techniques. Classes are scheduled throughout the year at various sites. Please check the PASS page on this site or contact the Division for information.
- Accident Investigation - One-day training workshops with Michael Noel, from Lazaro & Noel, taking place June 25-26, 2013 in Charleston and Clarksburg.
- ADA Workshop - One-day training workshop with Michael Noel, from Lazaro & Noel, taking place August 20, 2013 at the Embassy Suites in Charleston, WV. Personnel involved in the administration of the ADA requirements for their agency should attend. This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of the Americans With Disabilitites Act of 1990 with a special emphasis of the changes made to the ADA in 2011. Attendees will develop a better understanding of their agency's responsibilities and legal concerns when transporting individuals covered by the ADA. The workshop will provide a forum to discuss safety concerns, while honoring an individuals civil rights under the ADA.
- Certified Safety and Security Officer Training - The program is designed to help Officers build the transportation organization, enhance the professionalism of its internal team, safely serve its customers, fulfill its responsibilities in assisting in community emergency preparedness, identify internal safety and security strength and weaknesses, and reduce system exposure to liability. Three-day training workshop with Michael Noel, from Lazaro & Noel, taking place September 17-19, 2013. Location to be determined.
- Maintenance Training - Two-day maintenance workshop taking place in October, 2013. Vendors will be on hand to discuss vehicle and parts maintenance for transit and paratransit personnel. Dates and locations to be determined.
- SPIDER Workshop - CANCELLED
- 2013 WV Transit Conference - Annual training conference for West Virginia transit systems management and staff. It will be held at the Charleston Town Center Marriott in Charleston, WV on December 9-11, 2013.